Poplar Springs is Excited to Welcome Our New Pastor!
We want to welcome Dr. Dale Roach and his wife Shelley to Poplar Springs Baptist Church!
Watch his first sermon here
Dr. Dale Roach was born on March 29, 1961 in Rutherfordton, North Carolina.
He was called to the ministry at age 17. Dale was ordained in 1982 at Floyd’s Creek Baptist Church in Forest City, NC.
He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Gardner-Webb University in 1983.
Dale also married Shelley Rushing on May 29th that same year.
Dale attended Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary in NC where he graduated in 1986
with a Master of Divinity.
He later attended Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kentucky and received his Doctor of Ministry in 2002.
Dale has pastored 4 churches in North and South Carolina:
- Pleasant Grove Bap/st, Nashville, NC (1983-1986)
- Lakeview Bap/st, Monroe, NC (1986-1996)
- Immanuel Bap/st, Lancaster, SC (1996-2006)
- Presently at First Baptist Church, Manning, SC
Dale was also Director of Missions (Moriah Baptist Association) in Lancaster, SC (2006-2013)
Dale has written these books:
- “The Jericho Ministry, A Biblical Strategy for Strong Teamwork” published in 2015
- “The Leadership Strategy of Jesus” to be released in 2016
Dale is also the creator of “Like A Team”, a website resource for Christian Leadership and Teamwork.
You can find it at www.likeateam.com
Dale and Shelley have 3 grown children: John, Elizabeth and Alexander.
They are also proud grandparents to their grandson, Jack.