Christians gather and worship on Sundays in celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
The New Testament describes Christians gathering and worshipping on Sundays rather than Saturday, which was the Jewish custom.
The New Testament teaches that we are not to limit our worship to any particular day of the week but we are to rest in the Lord and worship the Him every day.
Sunday Morning Worship at PSBC – 10:30 am
Hispanic Sunday Afternoon Worship at PSBC – 2:00 pm (Meets in the original sanctuary.)
Sunday Evening Worship at PSBC – 5:30 pm
Reasons Why We Should Be Committed to Worship
- Worship is our response to God’s love. ~ Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalm 107:1
- Worship is an action of giving, not getting.
- Worship is an instruction to all believers. ~Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise–the fruit of lips that confess his name. Hebrews 13:15
- Worship overpowers the enemy. ~ From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger. Psalm 8:2
- Worship puts our love for the Lord into action. ~ How awesome are your deeds! So great is your power that your enemies cringe before you. All the earth bows down to you; they sing praise to you, they sing praise to your name. Psalm 66:1-4
- Worship is a healthy expression of our emotions. ~ But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. John 4:23
- Worship pleases God. ~ For you will not delight in sacrifice, or I would give it; you will not be pleased with a burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise. Psalm 51:16-17
- Worship reminds us of our deep relationship with God.~ When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? Psalm 8:3-4
- Worship acknowledges that God deserves to be worshipped. ~ For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land. Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker… Psalm 95:3-6
- Worship prepares us for eternity. ~ And I saw what looked like a sea of glass mixed with fire and, standing beside the sea, those who had been victorious over the beast and his image and over the number of his name. They held harps given them by God and sang the song of Moses the servant of God and the song of the Lamb: “Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, King of the ages.” Revelation 15:2-3
- Worship is what we are created to do. ~ …the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Isaiah 55:12